Friday, May 31, 2013

How long does it take for your eyes to adjust to a new brand of contacts?

I have grown up wearing Acuvue 2 contacts from the very beginning (brand of contact I got when I first got contacts). Lately, my new eye doctor has been trying to change the contacts… he did so last year, but it didn't work --- the contacts were causing blurriness up close and far away and we could never get it correct, so we reverted back to the Acuvue 2 lens and all was fine.

Went to the eye doctor a week ago and he said I was having a build up of blood vessels in the upper portions of my eyes, due to lack of oxygen, and that I should try the Day & Night contacts… --- which allow the most oxygen into the eye of any contact brand. Said that should fix the vessel issue … he understands my eyes are senistive to contacts changing but because he saw this, said a change had to be made.

My main question is how long does it take your eyes to adjust to a new brand of contacts?

With the new brand of contacts --- I could see fine from up close and at the computer with them --- however, from any distances, things would get a little blurry like traffic signs, etc… noticeably blurry and not overwhelming and when I blink, it clears up for a second or two and then goes blurry again… and this doesn't happen with the Acuvue 2 lenses.

So I wore the new ones for 2/3 days and when it didn't correct itself (blurriness didn't go away), I switched back to the Acuvue 2 lenses, which my vision is better with (although my eyes are having to now re-adjust to looking at a computer again since I have been changing contacts over the past week but that will go away).

The prescription is the same in both brands of contacts --- could the blurriness just be caused by the new brand of contact and my eyes needing time to adjust? I am willing to try them again for a longer period IF THIS WILL WORK… since I do need to get more oxygen into my eyes so that the blood vessels go away … but if not, I am going to have to stick with Acuvue 2 and figure out other ways to getting oxygen into my eyes more.

Thanks for any help/advise you can provide with this matter.

См. статью: How long does it take for your eyes to adjust to a new brand of contacts?