Friday, May 31, 2013

Corrections for corneal scarring?

I have a scar in my left eye from when I had a corneal ulcer two years ago. I've been wearing RGP lenses since then, which smooths down the scar and gives me almost perfect vision, but I would rather not continue wearing them, as I have sensitive eyes and almost every day they hurt my eyes bad enough that I have to close them for a few minutes. However, I can't see out of my left eye while wearing glasses or soft contacts.

Anyway, the scar in my eye is about a millimeter above the center (thank goodness it's not directly in the center).My eyesight is not bad to begin with (only -1.3), but unless I wear the RGP lenses it's impossible to read the board in class or road signs while driving.My situation is not bad enough that I would be a candidate for a corneal transplant, but are there any other corrective measures that I might be able to take either to get rid of or heal the scar or just correct my vision in that eye?

I do intend to see if my optometrist can suggest anything; however, my next eye appointment is not for several months, so I appreciate any answers. =)

См. статью: Corrections for corneal scarring?