Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vision temporally worse after wearing glasses/lenses. Opinions?

I have myopia, currently -0.75 at one eye and -1.00 at the other. Three years ago it was -0.5 at both. However, this is not that much important. I was wearing glasses before, and now I wear daily contact lenses, and every time I took my glasses or lenses off, I was feeling like my vision was worse than before wearing them.

Let me give you an example. I stop wearing lenses for three days.My vision is poor, of course. I wear lenses one day. After taking them off, I feel like my vision is worse. Firstly, I thought it was just in my mind, so I printed a text on a sheet of paper, stuck it on the wall and marked the furthest points where I could see well with each of my eyes. Then, I wore the lenses, and after taking them off, guess what, I can't see well from the same spots.

I also realized this when I discovered that after wearing lenses a few days in a row, my vision is bad even when wearing them. I take a break, and when I start wearing them again, everything is good, for a few days.

What do you think about this? I think something is strange, I can't go visit a doctor until April, so I wanted to ask for your opinion… Is there any possibility that I have something else than a regular myopia? It seems like my eyes want to see worse even if I "help" them see better.
>>> Vision temporally worse after wearing glasses/lenses. Opinions?