Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ques.re: glasses after cataract surgery?

Had nanoflex implant right eye.need yag laser. Now 20/25, should improve to 20/20. Using over the counter readers 3.0 Intermediate is blur right now, is there a chance this will clear up after Yag laser? I know that reading glasses will be be needed for close work. Would love to be able to see dashboard & GPS without reaching for the reading glasses.

Left eye, Restor, not good. Need Yag here also, and PRK. Distance vision only 20/40, intermediate and close are smeared vision. Lens is 1/2 diopter off. If PRK is performed to correct 20/40 distance. How much vision will I gain, I fear it will never get to 20/20, and will this jeopardize prebyopia so that I will need reader for this eye also. Have heard that these procedures do not always correct the problem when dealing with a multifocal lens.Is it possible that PRK will not improve the way I see?

Paid a lot of money out of pocket for this lens, and if I end up with readers, why did I do it.My second opinion says we can explant and put the same monofocal lens I have in the right in the Restor left eye. If I end up with readers with Restor & PRK, they why would I want to laser cornea! Without a crystal ball, it is hard to tell whether it will be successful.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I need to make a decision so that I can go on with my life.
>>> Ques.re: glasses after cataract surgery?