Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I want to hear from successful hard contact wearers!

I am have gas perms because the vision is supposed to be better for bi-focal lenses than soft. I have a trial pair of softs so that really maybe true. I tried a pair of hard lenses for a week- in addition to itchy eyes, I suddenly lost far vision in one eye while driving cuz it must have moved. Ugh. Doctor has refitted me and I'm on a second pair now, but still horribly itchy eyes and I also feel like light is glaring off the the sides. Takes a few moments to adjust/blink it out to see when I first go inside or outside. I don't feel free to move my eyes without stirring up itchiness. I'm scared of them falling out (happened with first pair in Walmart). Sooo many worries.Is this all part of getting used to it, or are they the wrong fit again or what??? How do i know? I don't know specifically WHAT is normal in the "adjusting so be patient" phase!
I'm interested in hearing only from those who were successful making it through this phase please! Even the lens tech who "taught" me about them was not helpful cuz she never had them herself!
>>> I want to hear from successful hard contact wearers!