Thursday, November 22, 2012

Typical Day with contact lenses?

Hi Contact Lense Wearers! (or any one who knows a fair bit about them )

I was just wondering how a typical day with contact lenses would be like? I wear glasses, but am on my contact lense trial now for a month. I'm finding that I cannot do some things as freely as I could when I was wearing glasses.

1) When I come back home from school and it is an extremely warm day, I like to take a shower straight away to cool myself down. But then I realise I have contacts in my eyes and that you can't shower with them in… >.< so does this mean that I have to do my cleaning procedure for the contacts and refill the case with solution and leave the contacts in the solution until I come out from the shower, and then put them back on again, and then repeat this procedure again with new solution before going to bed? (gosh that sounds tiresome just typing it out… ) or is there a much simpler way of taking care of the contacts whilst in the shower?

2) Is it normal to carry around re-wetting solution for the lenses and at random times just use it? Because I know of a few people who wear contact lenses in my school and I never see themselves putting eye drops into their eyes at random times…
The reason my optometrist recommended me to this is because I was constantly getting dry and irritated eyes, and so my contact lense presxription changed from AirOptix Aqua to CooperVision Bioinfinity Lenses.

3) As mentioned before, my current lenses now prescribed are CooperVision Bioinfinity and sorry but I am a cheapo okaY? :p and I cannot afford to get these ones as they are quite expensive.so I was thinking would there be any harm in me changing to CooperVision Proclear Compatibles which are like heaps cheaper?

4) Also, to anyone wearing the CooperVision Bioinfinity, how exactly does the night wearing thing work? Does that mean you just pop it in, in the morning and then sleep through that whole night and then wake up the next day and just continue wearing them? So no soaking time needed for the lenses or what?

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LOOOOONGG AS QUESTION, but I am very new to contacts and just am curious to make sure that I don't do something that I'll regret with buying contacts from now on…

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY BOTHERED READING THIS AND WILLING TO ANSWER MY ENDLESS QUESTIONS! :D
>>> Typical Day with contact lenses?