Sunday, November 18, 2012

Eye floater or something else? Should I see a dr?

Since this past summer, I have had something with my left eye in which I often feel like there is something in my eye. Not pain, just like something obstructing my vision in that eye. If I try to wipe my eye it doesn't go away. If I close my right eye, I can see a dark spot (not circular spot, more like a line… like a small hair or piece of dust)… float across my vision.

There is no pain… just extremely annoying and I often find myself turning my head to try to see around the obstruction. I went to the optometrist for my yearly eye exam (contact exam) at the end of September. I mentioned the issue with my left eye.In the end, he said nothing of it, but told me I had slight astigmatism in my right eye (borderline needing corrective contact lenses).

Is this an "eye floater"? What is an eye floater? Should I see a doctor about this (since my doctor said nothing about it at my last visit?) If so, do I see my optometrist again or some other kind of doctor? Thanks for your advice :)
>>> Eye floater or something else? Should I see a dr?