Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Is it worth it to take my eye doctor to small claims court?

Recently, I had a major issue with my eye doctor. It took me 5 times, a month, an extra $400, and another appointment for them to get my prescription right. I ordered prescription lenses with progressive inserts. Sounds simple, right? Well they kept screwing it up. The first time they only did progressives, the second time they only did prescriptions, the third time the lenses came out wrong, the fourth time they realized they must have copied my prescription wrong and I needed a new appointment, and the fifth time they finally got it right.

They charged me for another appointment and lenses. I tried to tell them I shouldn't have to pay because they were the ones who screwed up, like if I go to a store and don't get what I paid for, I either get what I paid for or my money back. But they said it didn't work like that.
Added (1). I feel like I was ripped off for $400 and a month of which I was without glasses. Do you think this is worth going to court over to get my money back?
Added (2). It was either me pay or I was out for the money I already paid.

Read more: Is it worth it to take my eye doctor to small claims court?