Monday, August 11, 2014

Dark circles under eyes. Deeper problem?

For a while now I've had dark circles under my eyes. I'm 23 and have an office job on the computer for 7 hours a day, which I thought was clearly the cause, but I'm starting to wonder if it's something else, perhaps diet related. They seemed to appear in my 20s, but that was fine. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 9 stone so a bit skinny, but I find it so hard to put on weight despite eating loads. I was a healthy weight in my late teens, and seem to have just lost it despite what I eat. If I eat too much cheese, white bread, white rice, milk, etc (refined stuff) my skin suffers- I usually get the mother of all spots. I've been told I have a mild case of blepharitis by an optician. I wear contact lenses, and wash my under eye skin properly, but too much irritates and leaves them looking worse. Basically, I'm fed up of looking pretty gruesome with these zombie eyes, and I'd like to know how to start to tackle the problem if anyone knows. Thanks.

Read more: Dark circles under eyes. Deeper problem?