Saturday, August 16, 2014

I'm terrified about getting contact lenses?

I had an appointment to get contact lenses last year but when the optician tried to put one in my eye, I was afraid and basically had a full blown panic attack. She didn't even have it half in my eye when I started freaking out. My eye started watering really badly, and I couldn't let her put it in at all as I had to blink so often with the watering and I was so frightened. Now, 10 months later I have decided I want to try again. I ride horses and generally I need better vision, but I do not have the confidence to wear glasses out in public. I have an appointment for Thursday and I am 99% sure I'm going to freak out again, but I really want them. I need some questions answered.

1. How can I calm my nerves before going into the opticians?
2. How can I prevent my eyes from watering excessively? Any time somebody else touches my eyes they water, e.g eyeliner applying.
3. How do the contact lenses feel when they're in your eyes? Do they slip around?
4. What happens if you get a bit of dirt on the contact lens e.g while biking on a muddy terrain? Does that happen?
5. Is it difficult to remove them? Can you poke yourself in the eye whilst doing so? Is it hard to grab the contact lens to get it out?

Sorry for the stupid questions I'm just terrified lmao. Thanks

Read more: I'm terrified about getting contact lenses?