Thursday, August 14, 2014

Is sixteen to old to get glasses/do I really even need them?

My left eye has extremely poor vision. I have failed the school vision test every year since like third grade. I have gone to an eye doctor once (like five years ago) and the only thing I remember is that he said that my right eye does almost all my seeing for my left. He said it was livable with, but that lenses were recommended. We really couldn't afford it though. Well for the passed couple years I've been getting massive migraines behind my left eye. They totally inhibit me from doing anything. I have to take strong ibuprofen and sleep. Now at night my vision has worsened and when I read for long periods of time the words have almost like a drop shadow effect and they're pretty blurry. Is this worth bringing up with my parents/primary care doctor?

Read more: Is sixteen to old to get glasses/do I really even need them?