Friday, August 15, 2014

Can I rewear the same contact lenses after a wiri pepper got in my eyes?

I was cooking chow mein and I put wiri pepper in it. Wiri pepper is a very spicy pepper that comes from Guyana. It's not the spiciest pepper in the world but it was the worst pepper I ever touched. I was trying a piece and I accidentally rubbed my face and it got in my eyes and above my mouth was burning as well. It was horrible. It was just as bad as getting kicked in the stomach at karate few years ago. I did something stupid. I ripped the pepper with my hands instead of cutting it with a knife. Instead I should have used gloves and cutted it. I took off my contact lenses after I got burned. I heard that saline and milk rinses out the burn. Since my contacts are soaking in saline right now, should the burn be gone by tomorrow, or do I need to throw out the contacts?

Funny thing: When I was burning, I was screaming in my head, "Jesus and the Lord, please help me!" (In all caps)

Read more: Can I rewear the same contact lenses after a wiri pepper got in my eyes?