Friday, May 2, 2014

I think i need glasses?


Hello. Ive started to realize in school, that its hard for me to focus on projections on the board, and that I think I'm starting to have the need for eyeglasses today, in Chemistry, my teacher was giving a presentation through PowerPoint I and I noticed i had a hard time seeing the words without focusing for a bit or without squinting a little for a brief period, but not as much to notify the teacher of a problem. For having a natural tendency of curiosity and the desire to become an Ophthalmologist, I searched this up and checked out medical textbooks from out library to check the optical section. I found the definition of this condition is almost identical to my problem. I have trouble seeing from far away, and concluded that I'm starting to grow shortsighted. Currently, I have one really terrible eye and another eye that's a little worse than 20/20. I looked up a section in one textbook, and it said that sometimes, a person can have one eye, that will always remain worse than the other, called "Amblyopia" but mine can be corrected with glasses. Another section mentioned that one eye can get bad before the other, and thus causing. One eye to be worse than the other, before the other starts to grow impaired as well. My friend has glasses, and I tried them on, and it fixed the problem perfectly. Ive even covered each eye to test if both become corrected. Another suspect was "Pseudomyopia" which is a delayed change in the optical muscles to alter the lens to focus properly.
Added (1). However, that's temporary and I first noticed this problem about 2 years ago, so that's not the culprit. My mother had myopia as a child, so I'm thinking that she passed the problem on to me genetically, either way, all I want to know is, do I need glasses? Because to my research, the answer is indefinable yes.
Thanks!

-Matt
Added (2). Oh and just to let you know, I don't have headaches or any other symptoms in general of myopia other than correctable blurry vision. Although headaches are a rare side effect, I'm just saying in general.
Thanks!

-Matt

Read more: I think i need glasses?