Friday, May 2, 2014

I don't understand my eye prescription, but i purchased some glasses online using the details shown?


I've noticed that my right eye is much weaker than my left. When i close my left eye, it's really blurry and almost impossible to make out words clearly. I decided to visit an optometrist and she did an eye test. I was told something about her changing the magnitude of my left slightly seeing as there was a great difference between my eyes. Once i received the prescription, i went online to clearly.com to purchase a pair. This was my first time buying glasses, but i just followed the prompts. My prescription reads:

Right: Sphere - , Cyl -0.5, Axis 180
Left: Sphere -1.25, Cyl -, Axis -

It also said lens design was SV distance, with special recommendations as 'balance'.

Anyhow, I bought my glasses and i tried them on. I noticed that my left eye was much clearer with them on but it made no difference to my right. I tried closing my left eye with glasses on, and i could still barely see anything. Was there a problem with the prescription? Or did perhaps enter prescription details incorrectly (I double checked to see that they matched though!). Please give me suggestions.

Read more: I don't understand my eye prescription, but i purchased some glasses online using the details shown?