Sunday, April 27, 2014

I want to go into the medical field but do not know what field?


I want to go into the medical field but do not know what field I should pursue. I'm looking for something that does not involve too many years of schooling and that does not involve any kind of surgery or anything like that. So far these are the careers I have researched. I live in the Silicon Valley area of California.

-Sterile Processing Tech:
Their job is to basically clean and sterilize surgical instruments. I was close to perusing this but heard that it is very hard to get a job now in this field.

-Medical Assistant:
Haven't researched much yet about this field, not sure how much schooling i'd need, if it pays well, and if id have to do things such as taking blood or whatnot.

-Radiologic Technologist:
Their job is to take xrays and not sure what else they do. Seems as if you need quite a bit of schooling and it is also hard to get a job in this field.

-Optician:
Their job is to fit eye glass lenses and contact lenses to your eyes, just started looking into this field, seems like doesn't need much schooling, the job outlook seems good, but the pay is around 50K a year less than most of the others. I'm not sure if 50K a year is that great or not.

What do you all think about these careers and are their any similar careers that you all know of that dont involve years and years of schooling and aren't that difficult or stressful.

Read more: I want to go into the medical field but do not know what field?