Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Prk bandage contact lenses?

I had Prk done last Wednesday, and I am very pleased with the results, I see very good now up close and far away, they put bandage contacts in my eyes and wanted to leave them in until August 31st which is a pretty long time for me considering I got the procedure done due to super dry eyes and many contacts drying out problems, and now it feels like they are starting to dry out. Everybody else who has had this done told me that the contacts are supposed to come out 3-4 days after surgery they have been now in their fifth day. My question is with the experience I have with contacts like cleansing my hands, not scratching my eye with my fingernails, etc. Cant I just pop them out myself? My family says doc has a special tool but how can this be? Isnt it a contact? I know for a fact that with my eyes if a contact drys up it hard to get out and turns into plaster in my eye, I cant let this happen with the bandage contacts, today is Sunday, and I have been using rewetting drops with no difference? Can I remove them carefully myself? Or should I not try it?
Added (1). Also I have been sleeping in these, I dont know if that makes a difference or not?

Read more: Prk bandage contact lenses?