Sunday, April 27, 2014

Adderall: Vision/eye problems due to high dosage?


Ok so Im a 15 year old boy, 185 pounds, and I had finals this week. I am diagnosed with ADHD and I take 30mg of Adderall XR daily, but this week I took a lot more pills than I have ever taken before within a weeks time, I have been taking ADHD medication for about 8 years, started off with Adderall, switched to vyvanse, and now I'm back on Adderall, point is, I've had some experience with these medications. Ok so on Tuesday I took a total of 6 pills, 2 in the morning, 3 more about four hours after tthat, and 1 when I got home. Wednesday I only took 1, I took it to keep me awake given the fact that I had gotten no sleep the night before. Thursday I took 3, and Friday (yesterday) I took 5. In total this week, 480mg worth. Yesterday I was experiencing some overdose symptoms but I was able to calm down and try my hardest to ignore them, but the one thing that won't go away is this uncomfortable feeling in my right eye.
I keep on having to blink for longer periods of time, sometimes I just catch myself keeping the eye closed unintentionally due to the irritation, my vision in my right eye is about half of my left eye, similar to the feeling of only having in one contact lens on. I've tried eye drops and that helped with the redness but the pain is still there, I've just noticed that the vision in my right eye is also slightly distorted, so when I move I see slightly double (I have my left eye closed)
Well my question is, does anyone know how long this will last? Or am I screwed?

Read more: Adderall: Vision/eye problems due to high dosage?