Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How should I go about taking my contact lenses through airport security?

I'll be leaving on a study abroad trip to New Zealand in a couple days (so fast answers are appreciated!) and I was wondering what to do about my contact lenses. I wear one-day disposable lenses, so in order to last the several months I'll be gone, I intend to pack with me 4 boxes of 90 each (2 boxes per eye, as I have a different prescription for each).

Anyone who wears contact lenses knows that they come in these little packets that contain maybe a teaspoon of saline solution. And since that's a liquid, do I have to follow the liquid rules?

I've read somewhere that "non-essential" liquids can be packed in the checked luggage, which would be more convenient for me than to put all 4 boxes in my carry-on. But other places say that contacts should be in carry on. Some people say they need to be declared, and some people don't think they do. I've read that since they are considered a "medical liquid" then I don't have a limit on how many I bring so long as they deem it a "reasonable amount," which hopefully they will understand that so many contacts are "reasonable" considering how long I'll be gone.

Has anyone flown with a lot of contact lenses before? What should I do about packing them?

Читать далее: How should I go about taking my contact lenses through airport security?