Sunday, July 14, 2013

Why is my contact lens making my eye burn and water?

I have had the same contacts brand and the same contact lens solution for months. I have been a contact lens wearer since I was 15 and a soft contact lens wearer for 5 years now. Most recently, my contacts were doing fine until I tried inserting the left one. The outside of my case had soap film on it, and when when I opened the left side of the case, the contact was shriveled up.So I thoroughly washed it, thoroughly rinsed it, and soaked it overnight. I repeated this process over and over and over again. This has restored its shape, but it still burns when I insert it. I washed the case and tried it again, but that didn't work. Then I got a new case, rinsed it well, and tried everything again - wash, rinse, and store.It still didn't work. I know what the different causes of contact lens discomfort feel like. This is not an "old/torn lens" discomfort, and this is not a "foreign body" discomfort.It literally feels like there is soap in my eye when I insert the lens. Removing the lens eliminates the sensation right away. There are four other people here besides me who have access to that bathroom, but all of them deny any involvement. I already know not to insert the contact lens, and seeing a doctor is not an option for me. And I don't have any more contacts. I just want to know WTF happened to my contact lens and how to salvage it. Why hasn't all that lens washing fixed it? Thanks.

См. статью: Why is my contact lens making my eye burn and water?