Saturday, July 27, 2013

Did my astigmatism get better?

Ive been wearing biofinity toric for about 2 years now and they've worked fine.My vision isnt perfectly crisp but is pretty good and have been happy with them for the most part. Recently though my prescription had run out on biofinity toric so I went for an eye exam. I was wondering is it normal or likely that my cylinder power for astigmatism correction would decrease. Keep in mind I had an eye exam a little over 2 years ago and my cylinder was 1.75 in both my eyes but this was my old doctor where i used to live. Yesterday I go see a new doctor and my prescription she writes me is exactly the same as two years ago but the cylinder decreased in both eyes to 1.25? Did my astigmatism get better in two years? Or are these just two different doctors with varying opinions on my cylinder power? Im asking because before I reorder my lenses I want to make sure Im getting exactly what is right for me, and also because the price of toric is significantly more than normal contacts. I also would like to add that ive worn contacts for around 10 years, and although my spherical power has change much in that time frame, my cylinder power has been 1.25 for 8 of the 10 years ive worn contacts, but for the past two years I have been wearing 1.75 cylinder after my 2011 exam.So 1.25 or 1.75? would I notice much of a difference? With spherical power I know I can but .5 of a diff in cylinder power?

Thanks for reading and answering as I know its a long winded question :)

См. статью: Did my astigmatism get better?