Monday, August 12, 2013

Can I wear non toric coloured contact lenses for a day?

I have been wearing contacts for 3 months now and I want a pair of "big eye" effect coloured lenses for a Cosplay event in November, I am going as Rinoa Heartilly from Final Fantasy VIII ^.^

My current lens prescription is:

R: BOZR: 8.50, DIA:14.20 Sphr: -4.00
L: BOZR: 8.50, DIA: 14.50 Sphr: -4.75 Cyl -0.75 Axis 90

So I wear one regular lens and one toric lens in my prescription for my mild astigmatism. This MAY change before November when I am due my sight test but right now it's what I know.

I have found the perfect pair of contact lenses: http://www.contactlenshouse.com/KiraKira-contact-lens-16mm.asp and I can get them in my current powers in both eyes, however I can't get them in toric.

My opticians are useless in answering my question- they are insisting I order 6 month's worth of toric lenses for my left eye (which are STUPIDLY expensive) but they can't even get them in the colour I want so it's pointless to waste £80 on lenses for both eyes in a colour I don't even want.

I am praying that someone can help me here, can I wear these lenses for the event or not? Because if I can't then I shall assume that plano lenses will be off the table also and I really want to wear these for my costume!

См. статью: Can I wear non toric coloured contact lenses for a day?