Saturday, July 27, 2013

What other Acuvue contacts can I try for dry eyes?

In May I got contact lenses for the first time but since I got overly "excited" for finally being able to wear contacts I went ahead and bought them while I was barely on the second or third day of my trial pair. They were Avaira contacts by Cooper Vision and so since I had already bought the box I never went back to tell my eye doctor how they worked out for me. I ended up hating them because they were very uncomfortable and stuck a lot to my eyes because they would dry out so taking them out was very painful. But since I had already bought the box I stuck with them for 3 months. Today I went back to the eye doctor and I told her about this and she gave me a trial pair of Acuvue Oasys. They feel a lot more comfortable and they make my eyes feel a little tired but not as much as the Avaira did.My eyes still feel kind of dry though and so I don't know if it's because these still aren't the right kind of contacts for my eyes or if washing my face has something to do with it? (My face tends to get oily throughout the day so I wash my face with just water about 2 times a day) and because of that water gets into my eyes and for some reason makes them feel dry even when I'm not wearing contacts but with contacts getting water in my eyes they feel even drier.So I was wondering if anybody could help me? Could it be that I should keep the Acuvue and just buy some rewetting drops or should I get another type of contacts when I finish with my trial ones? Are the Acuvue Advance or Acuvue Moist any better? Also can someone answer my question about why washing my face with just water makes my eyes feel dry? Thanks to anybody who can help. (just some extra info, I live in Dallas and the weather here is very hot and humid)

См. статью: What other Acuvue contacts can I try for dry eyes?