Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's wrong with my new eyeglasses?

I just got my progressive eyeglasses. I cannot see clearly (slightly blurry vision).It's my third pair of progressives, didn't have problems with the other two.
If I cover any eye, I can always find an area in the lens through which I can see clearly, but if I cover the other eye, it's blurry. I have to rotate my head slightly in the direction of the eye to find the area through I can see clearly. For example, covering the right eye with my hand, I move my head till I see clearly a certain object. Now I cover the left eye, I cannot see clearly that object. I have to rotate my head slightly to the right. Now that I see clearly with the right eye, I cover it and I cannot see clearly with the left eye. I have to move my head slightly to the left in order to find the spot in the lens through wich I can see clearly. I cannot see clearly with both eyes at the same time. Why is this happening?
Second issue: for my left eye, the area through which I can read is minuscule, for only one row at a time, and my eye looks mostly at the area below the eyeglasses. For the right eye, the reading area is bigger (2-3 rows).Is this normal?
My eyes hurt first day (yesterday) when I wore the new eyeglasses, and I had a headache behind my eyes.
Today I continued wearing them and my eyes burn, are watery and I have sometimes a piercing pain in my eyes.
This is the replacement glasses they made for me. First pair was impossible to wear. They blamed the eye dr (with which they do business together). Then the dr reverted to the old prescription for the upper part of the lense; for the reading part, she gave me a stronger prescription, which I needed.
Can somebody please tell me why I cannot see clearly with both eyes at the same time?

См. статью: What's wrong with my new eyeglasses?