Saturday, July 27, 2013

Is not getting another prescription from the doctor harmful?

I have been increasing the number on the prescription from now about 6 years. I was -0.5 and -1.75 and I just got a new prescription six months ago. From a fee weeks now, I've been noticing that I do not catch the smaller figures written on a TV screen or any farthest place unless I strain my eyes or get closer and sometimes my eyes get watery.
Now is it alright if I do not go to the doctor and get new lenses for the glasses because I'm afraid that my parents wouldn't like it. I use my mobile phone at night, in my bed in the dark, though my mom has stopped and I never listen. I sometimes study without my glasses and I've told her that I'm shortsighted but she wants me to wear my glasses even then. I don't want to displease them and then I use my mobile phone a lot and I'm afraid she'll take it away because I've been straining my eyes a lot.

And apart from everything else, I'm afraid of getting a higher number! I don't want my vision to get any weaker but it can't be helped!

Should I go to the doctor again or is it alright to wait for another six months for my annual check up. And would you like to give me some tips for the future that would PREVENT my getting more short sighted? Thanks.

См. статью: Is not getting another prescription from the doctor harmful?