Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wearing 'extended' wear contact lenses in the shower?

(I asked this question previously but never got a proper answer)

The optometrist prescribed me extended/overnight contact lenses, as I have a big problem with taking them out and putting them back on everyday, since my vision is extremely poor and making sure they go on properly and cleaned properly is a big struggle.
He said I can wear them for a full month, however recommends that I take them out every 7 days to clean and give my eyes a rest. I plan on doing this every 4-5 days.

However, I forgot to ask about showering in them. I shower everyday, is it okay to shower in them as long as I keep my eyes from direct contact and what not?
Also, the purpose of these contacts is so I don't have to take them out everyday, so if I cannot shower in them, this would defeat the purpose. I know there is a risk of infection, but is there a problem apart from this? e.g. falling out etc (dont even know if this is possible)

Also, remember these are extended wear lenses so no need for a lecture about how I shouldn't wear them for too long.So I would appreciate answers according to these specific ones and please don't lecture me about this (as people did previously) regarding me wearing extended contacts, I just want to know if I can wear them in the shower

Thanks

См. статью: Wearing 'extended' wear contact lenses in the shower?