Friday, July 26, 2013

Trouble/reactions associated with First time contact lens trial?

Hii
Recently i got my first contact lens trial with my optometrist.To my experience it was horrible and i have few ques regarding what i experinced:
I would like to mention that i have been operated for keratoconus cornea also called as C3R or crosslinking for both eyes.
When my doc put the first lens on right eye, upto that part it was normal. I had some discomfort and blurry vision first time but it was pretty much bearable. Next lens was put on the left eye 10min after this. Everything started at that point.
3-5 min after applying the second lens, i started feeling uncomfortable. The feeling was coming from somewhere inside my body. Soon this feeling was growing fast and i started asking if i could get some water. But the most horrifying part was yet to come.
Its really hard to explain what condition i was passing through But it was almost like to 'pass out'.My ears started buzzing, i was experiencing a fast repetitive sound.It was not vertigo as nothing was moving around me but i had highest degree of unsteadiness/unconscious feeling of my life.My heartbeats were faster than ever before. Even at a point i suddenly put down my head on the desk nearby me. But i was concious enough to talk to doc and i asked her to remove contacts.It took 3-4 min after removing contacts to come to normal, my BP was normal(after immediate check up) but my hands were shaky.
Now my ques are-
1) what the hell was that I had to go through?
I asked my doc she said its called as 'v___ attack'.I could not figure out that v___ word because of her strange accent. Please help me with that.
2) what if i again try to get next contact trials?? or better i should not try again considering the strange reaction shown by my body.
Please help me out with good answers as I'm scared with what happened.

См. статью: Trouble/reactions associated with First time contact lens trial?