Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Should both my eyes see exactly the same with corrective lenses?

I recently got a new pair of reading glasses. But what I could see through each eye was quite different. I could read OK with my left eye, while objects in the distance were blurred. Which is what I would expect from reading glasses. But with my right eye, objects in the distance are sharply defined but I cannot read unless I hold the page out far.

The optician tried to tell me that it is not what I see from each individual eye that counts but what I see from the two eyes combined. That doesn't seem to make any sense as each eye is tested individually.In any case, I find it uncomfortable to wear the glasses as I can't seem to focus properly on any object, near or distant.

I've been wearing glasses for over 40 years now and I've never noticed any difference between my left and right eyes [when wearing glasses, that is] Anyone any thoughts on this?

См. статью: Should both my eyes see exactly the same with corrective lenses?