Saturday, December 29, 2012

Why do my eyes sting when I put contacts in?

I've been wearing contacts for over a month now and they've been fine until recently these past few days. Every night when I try to remove them from my eyes, it is becoming more and more difficult and my eyes are always red by the time my contacts are out. I used to be able to remove them in one pinch just fine. Also, whenever I put contacts into my eyes now, there's always this stinging sensation that hurts a lot but goes away after a minute or so, for both eyes.
I'm not sure if this may help with answering the question, but I'm Indian and I do eat a lot of hot, chilli food for dinner and then I wash my hands thoroughly with soap and clean them properly before handling my contact lenses. This may not be relevant to the question but at times I can't help but think it's because of the chilli food that my contacts are having this stinging sensation on my eyes lately?
But my questions is how come everything was completely fine for all this time and just now this is happening to my eyes? Any help and advice on this greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys! :)
>>> Why do my eyes sting when I put contacts in?