Monday, December 24, 2012

Optometrists, what's up with my glasses?

So this is my first time wearing glasses. I am farsighted with astigmatism in both eyes. With one eye being a little worse than the other.

So I got my glasses. When I read or work on the computer while wearing them, all is good. They work great. But when I focus on far away objects, it seems a bit blurry.

While trying to figure out why this was, I closed my left eye, while focusing on a distant object, I noticed that it made my vision worse. Yet, when closing my right eye, my left lens improves my vision.

When looking at close up objects, either lens makes my vision better.

So, is this normal? I have read in some places that they will focus the dominant eye for close up vision, and the non dominant eye for distant vision. And when used together, they eyes will adjust.

So here's my question. Should I expect my long distance vision to be clear out of my right eye too? Am I supposed to only wear my glasses for reading an other close up work? Any ideas?

Please only comment if u actually know the answer. Here's my prescription.

SPH CYL AXIS
OD +.5 -.75 130
OS +.25 -.5 037
>>> Optometrists, what's up with my glasses?