Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ortho-K lenses: Myopia (nearsightedness) & Astigmatism?

I have a few questions regarding Ortho-K, so I don't have to wear glasses/contacts during the day.

I went to 2 places to check out Ortho-K for my eyes. One place treats both Myopia and Astigmatism and said I will have to wear glasses temporarily up to 2 weeks. But the other place only treats Myopia and said I will continue to wear glasses even with Ortho-k (and I definitely don't want that) because my astigmatism was too high. But why? Why does one treat both, but the other not? And the one that WASN'T treating both was 20/20 (brand-name I guess).

-Can both Myopia & Astigmatism be treated in Ortho-K? I believe some places vary, but just wondering if it's possible.
~Left eye: -2.75 (nearsightedness) & -2.00 (astigmatism).
~Right eye: -4.00 (nearsightedness) & -3.00 (astigmatism).

-How much is it for Ortho-K (estimate) with those following description?

I heard that Ortho-K lenses have a limit of both of these, so I'm not sure if Ortho-K will work for me. :(

Please help and answer!!!
>>> Ortho-K lenses: Myopia (nearsightedness) & Astigmatism?