Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Should i change my glasses?

Im 16 years old. I havent changed my lenses in my glasses for 2 years.My eyesight is fine with the glasses i have now.My right eye has the sliiiiightest difficulty reading small things far away but its easy to tolerate.My eyesight is really bad, -7 in left, -6.5 in right. :(

The reason im reluctant to take an eye test and upgrade my glasses is that last time i took an eye test and im pretty sure they overprescribed me.My new glasses were so strong that for days i couldnt open my eyes properly. Everyone said "oh no you'll get used to it!!"
But around a month or so later i got used to it, but when i took my glasses off everything seemed a lot more blurry than before.
I havent changed my lens in 2 years, and my eyes have stayed pretty much the same. When i take my glasses off everything seems the same as 2 years ago.

I dont know why, how, or whatever but im sure that the strong glasses that the doctors keep prescribing me is damaging my eyes.

Should i change them? My mom said its harmful to not change them every 6 months.
>>> Should i change my glasses?