Sunday, December 2, 2012

Im worried about my eyesight ruining my future as a pilot?

Hi, I'm 13 years old and I'm from the UK. I want to become a pilot in the RAF but I know you need pretty good eyesight to become a pilot. I was told I was short sighted about a 2 months ago and I started wearing glasses full time because my Optician said I would benefit from them. I know you need good grades to become a pilot and eyesight, as I mentioned earlier. But would my eyesight stop me from becoming a pilot? especially in the RAF? My dad reckons if I wear glasses they will correct it for when I'm older but I read that as you get older as I'm still in puberty that your sight will change and you may need a thicker lens every time i have my eye exam.Is this true? can I still become a pilot in the RAF? and is it possible for LASIK surgery for correction? Thanks :)
>>> Im worried about my eyesight ruining my future as a pilot?