Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to rinse contact lenses? - 2

Ok, so I've been on my monthly contact lense trials for a while now (14 days) and I do the disinfecting procedure every night before going to bed, but even though I do it the way the optometrist instructed me to, I just can't help feeling that I'm doing it wrong for some reason! I watched videos on YouTube on how to properly clean contact lenses, but I am sooo confused now because the videos tell me to rub the lenses in circular motions, but re instructions on my disinfecting multipurpose contacts solution tells me to never rub the lenses in circular motions as they apparently tear the contacts! So I do a bit of both- rub in circular motions as well as start from the centre and rub out to the edges of the contacts.It just all feels so doubtful and I don't want to cause harm to my eyes because of improper cleaning! :/ also, what exactly does 'rinse the contact lenses' mean? Do you just put a few drops in the bowl shaped lense while it is in your palm and leave it there for 5 seconds? What are you supposed to do? Also, by the time I somehow clean both my lenses, my left hand is like soaked in multipurpose solution! Is that normal or am I using way too much solution? I'm so lost and confused, please help me!!! Any other contact lenses disinfecting tips are greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks heaps in advance! :)
>>> How to rinse contact lenses? - 2