Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What is wrong with my left contact lens?

I wear contact lenses every day and recently the left lens has been giving me a hard time. Whenever I wear it, I can feel that the eye can't breathe, figuratively speaking. I feel a constant sharp pain in my left eye after some time of wearing it and I have to take it off as soon as I can, because it really irritates my eyes and I cannot concentrate.

I purchased the current set in June, but the right eye's lens tore in half two weeks ago, so I bought a new lens for that eye. The left lens is still the one from June. These supposedly shouldn't expire in a year (I don't even know if that's possible). The left lens has gotten considerably thinner recently, by the way (I know because I can compare it to the brand new right lens).It doesn't seem to have any tears on it.

To add, I don't rub my eyes when I have the contacts on and I try to blink as much as I can. I rinse the lenses with the solution (I use ReNu) before I put them on and after I take them off, I also change the liquid in the case daily.My right eye and its lens haven't got any problems.Am I correct in thinking that the lens has expired? Is it normal for a contact lens to become thinner in time? Is it something else that's wrong with my left contact lens?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Added (1). I got my eyes checked extensively in May-June before I ordered the contacts. I have absolutely no problems with my vision (well, apart from it being impaired, haha) and my left eye doesn't hurt a bit when there is no lens inside. I will consider the possibility, though. Thanks!
>>> What is wrong with my left contact lens?