Thursday, September 20, 2012

Eyeglass prescription help?

I'm a 21 year old female who had congenital cataracts which has led me to have bilateral aphakia.My last pair of contacts were +16.00 in the left eye and +17.50 in the right.My glasses are probably 1cm thick and magnify my eyes, I've had these glasses for probably over four years.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what type of eyeglass lenses would be best to get rid of the magnification? or if that is even possible? I always hope there will be some new type of lenses every time I'm due for a new pair. I don't mind thickness, I'm used to that… but the magnification is what bothers me. I've been too embarrassed to wear my glasses in public since childhood and rely on contacts, but it's hard very hard on my eyes.
>>> Eyeglass prescription help?