Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Is wearing thick glasses the current trend (for guys in particular)?

I think it's funny how when I was growing up (I'm 24 years old now, I was born in 1989), wearing glasses was considered unfashionable and wearing contact lens was the cool thing to do. That's when I was really young. But now I'm a college student and based on what I have seen and observed lately, it seems like wearing glasses is becoming more trendy. I noticed that more people (both guys and females) wear glasses nowadays. It seems to me that thick glasses, in particular, have soared in popularity. So is it the latest trend? I don't think that wearing glasses is uncool or unfashionable at all, I actually think that some guys look good with thick glasses. It's so popular right now that I'm thinking about ditching my contact lenses and getting a pair of thick glasses. But I want to make sure that it is in fact the current vogue before I start wearing them. So is wearing thick glasses the current vogue?* Thanks in advance for your answers!

* By the way when I say "thick glasses", I'm talking about the ones that emo guys wear, the ones that have black rims. NOT the ones that scientists wear!

Read more: Is wearing thick glasses the current trend (for guys in particular)?