Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ortho-K lens not fitting properly…AGAIN?

So initially, I had this problem in which my orhto-k contact lens keeps getting off-centred on my left eye and it doesn't fit properly. It's causing me to have less accurate vision and soreness. This problem started around last October but it only became serious until a few months ago, and it was also the time I took notice.

Anyway. Long story short, I got a new lens for my left eye because my optometrist told me that I've been using the same one for nearly 5 years, so it might be possible that it's worn out and needs changing. So I paid $200 for a new lens and tried it on two days ago, hoping the problem would be solved. But nope. It still gets off-centred and I tried it on again last night, it's STILL off-centred.

I honestly don't know what to do here. D: What on earth is causing this problem?! My optometrist doesn't seem to have an idea and I was thinking maybe my eyes were too dry or something because I sit in front of the laptop screen a lot, but this never happened during my student days (which involved way more eye-use).

My right eye doesn't have this problem--just my left eye. This is so frustrating because if this doesn't get solved I'll just have to go back to wearing regular glasses or soft-contact lenses.

I will try them on after three days or so after my left eye reverts back to it's regular state. But meanwhile, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Read more: Ortho-K lens not fitting properly…AGAIN?