Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Are doctors allowed to give you a receipt for zero dollars after an appointment and then charge you?

I went to the eye doctor, after having them check with my insurance to make sure everything would be covered. They told me my exam would be covered and i would have 100 dollars towards glasses. I payed 20 dollars extra for my glasses lenses. They handed me a receipt after my exam showing me how everything was charged and letting me know my balance was zero. Then four weeks later I receive a bill telling me my insurance did not cover the exam and I owe $85.are they allowed to charge me for something they told me, and assured me would be covered?
Added (1). They are telling me I have to pay for it.
Added (2). I understand that there is a reason behind why i have a left over 85 dollars. My exam cost 145 dollars and only part of my exam was covered…but it just irritates me that every person i talk to from my insurance and from the eye doctors office is telling me i have no choice i have to pay this money, when i was told before i even went into the doctor, and then when i came out i was handed a receipt saying i owe nothing. This has happened to me before when i had my wisdom teeth pulled. This sort of thing doesn't seem like it is legal, or else i really do not know what i am doing when i call ahead to some place and check the prices, check how much my insurance will cover. If this is legal, what am i doing wrong when checking to make sure my insurance covers everything before i go in? I feel like the medical field is taking advantage of me, even if this **** is legal, it's not okay.

Читать далее: Are doctors allowed to give you a receipt for zero dollars after an appointment and then charge you?