Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Problem with new glasses.?

I got new glasses but I have low set ears and I think the glasses were made wrong. I have really bad eyesight, -6, and for the past 5 years I have been wearing only contacts. But my eyes have been irritating me a bit lately so I decided to get glasses to give my eyes a break at least in the evening.So I went to the optician, had an eye exam, and the lady helped me settle on a large pair of plastic glasses. I wasnt getting them thinned so I chose the thickest plastic i could find to hide the lens as much as possible.
So i picked up my glasses today. I went home, took off my lenses and gave my eyes about 10 minutes to rest and then put the glasses on. Everything was a bit… not exactly blurry but something was wrong. Especially things that were lower, like the keyboard. The letters were a bit smudged and kind of like double-visioned. However, when I lifted the back of the glasses up about a quarter of an inch to where ears usually are everything came into focus and looked great.
So is it possible that the glasses were made wrong in relation to the position of my ears? I know that everything looks different when you switch to glasses, but the way the glasses are now is unwearable, I had to take them off after a few minutes, and it was clearly better when I lifted the backs up. If I go back to the optician will they fix it somehow, or can I return them? I don't want to have lost a few hundred bucks on glasses I can't use…

См. статью: Problem with new glasses.?