Sunday, May 12, 2013

Irritation when I DON'T have my contacts in?

I am experiencing an irritation in my left eye that feels like an eye lash. The strange thing is I only feel this when I do NOT have my contacts in. When I put my contacts on the irritation goes away. Because of this, I believe my contact is acting as a protective barrier against something that is touching my eye.At first, I thought it was an ingrown eyelash, but after examining all my eye lashes and having several family members look, all my eye lashes seem to be normal.

So my question is, what can the problem be here?

Like I said, feels like an eyelash is in my eye, but it is NOT an eyelash.
There isn't any sort of foreign object in my eye.
This irritation is only when I do NOT have my contact lens in
There is no pain, just irritation.

Also, an important note: A foreign object flew into my eye yesterday when I was mowing the lawn, which was pretty painful and irritating. I did remove the object, but I didn't get to see it. I was wearing my contacts when this happened also.

Also, if you can identify the issue I am having, how is it treated and should I see my eye doctor?

См. статью: Irritation when I DON'T have my contacts in?