Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Contact lenses without doctor's verification?

I'm more than a little irritated right now, I got my eye exam at Walmart's Visions Center about a month ago. I had to wait about a week to get my contacts, since they had to special order an XR toric lens for one eye. I have my prescription.It is less than 2 months old. I got the eye exam, went back to pick up the contacts and told them they feel wonderful. The only thing I didn't do, was go back after a few days (since I live about 45 minutes away from this Wal-Mart and I had busted my tire a day or two before my appointment) so I called and let them know I wouldn't be making it, and that the contacts felt wonderful and weren't making my eyes sore. They told me that was fine and that I could come in at any time to get my contacts ordered through them.

Flash forward to now, I try to order my contacts online, because I don't want to deal with mark-up and I just wanted to have my contacts.So put in my order and wait for the confirmation email. Surprise surprise, when the online place contacted them, they said they don't have history of a contact fitting for me. I'm not sure why they would say that, considering the 2 hours I spent in their waiting room and over $150 dollars I spent on them.

I understand it's a law that they can't sell me contacts without a valid prescription or doctor's consent or whatever, but I have a freaking brand new prescription that I can't use because I won't drive the 45 minutes to wait 2 hours for a less than 10 minutes appointment and paying for marked up contacts.

What do I do from here?

См. статью: Contact lenses without doctor's verification?