Thursday, April 18, 2013

Do Medical Doctors get along with Optometrists or Ophthalmologists?

I seem to notice a pattern here where the M. D Doctor would refer a patient to an Ophthalmologist rather than an Optometrist. And also noticed that Optometrists and Ophthalmologists have been attacking each other with words like "Optometrists are not Doctors but people who prescribe glasses and diagnose problems" Ophthalmologists are people who will diagnose the condition and can remedy the problem.

I just went to a G. P to have my eyes checked when I was already going to an Optometrist. The G. P said my left eye was weaker and he knows diabetes runs in my family but I don't have diabetes. I was referred to an Ophthalmologist who did tests and said I just need corrective lenses.

См. статью: Do Medical Doctors get along with Optometrists or Ophthalmologists?