Monday, April 15, 2013

Would an optometrist train me on contact care?

I have 20/20 vision. I went to an optometrist once just to get it checked for good measure and I'm all good.

So.recently I purchased circle lenses for a costume. I do not plan on wearing these every single day! I will wear them here an there to get used to wearing them though.and I'll probably have more in the future for special things.

I've done my research, please don't yell at me for getting them. They're just as safe as normal contacts as long as you take care of them properly… which is what I'm trying to do but I've obviously never worn contacts before and have no idea what I'm doing. I've done enough research on how to clean and store them. I just bought the solution and eyedrops that seem best but of course I don't know if they'd even work for my eye chemistry or whatever. I've also been trying to put on the lenses and failing miserably.because again, I've never worn contacts. Nobody in my family does either so I'm kind of on my own here. I really want to do this right and protect my eyes.

I know the one other issue with circle lenses is the "one size fits all" deal.which obviously isn't true because everyone's eyes are different. However, what I'm seeing here is TONS of people wearing them every single day, and on occasion, and being perfectly fine.

I purchased mine from Pinky Paradise which is the most reliable site to get them from. I got lenses that had very good reviews from lots of people as well.

So.you can see I want to do this right! Is it at all possible to make an appointment with an optometrist to educate me on contact lens care and use? Will they just refuse because they're circle lenses? Is there any way I can talk to a doctor because I have so many questions that the internet can't answer properly for me.

If anyone can answer this at all that would be great! Thanks!
Added (1). So if I went in for the fitting would I be taught how to use contacts and what solutions and eyedrops to use? Would they put a contact in my eye? Or would I be instructed on how to put them in and be able to do it? Would they teach me how to properly clean the case (I think I'm doing it right, I just want to be 100% sure)?

One thing I wonder though is.it covers more of your eye, true… but what about other lenses that cover more of your eye as well? The astigmatism contacts are 14.5mm.

As for wear. I would never ever wear them for longer than I'm supposed to, and again, certainly not every single day. Still, people do and they do just fine. I want to be extra careful with my eyes because they obviously really matter to me lol.
Added (2). I'm not confusing base curve from size. I know that size is the diameter and base curve is the curve of the eye. I guess what I'm seeing with the whole, people wear them and are fine thing, I'm really not seeing ANY people having problems with them from only wearing them on rare occasions or for one event. I've read good and bad reviews and most of the bad reviews were from people who either 1) purchased their contacts from an unreliable place, like if they were manufactured in Hong Kong and not Korea, or 2) they wore them every single day for longer than recommended for a long period of time (this was the most common). Someone made a good suggestion. They told me to make an appointment with my optometrist and tell them that I'm interested in cosmetic lenses. They would do the exam and see if I'm even suitable to wear contacts in the first place, if so they'd go through the whole drill and fit me with some cosmetic trial lenses. Then, I would know my base cu

См. статью: Would an optometrist train me on contact care?