Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Can you have double vision corrective surgery and then LASIK later on?

A few months ago I began suffering from blurred, double vision. The optician said that I was short sighted and prescribed me glasses. She was unsure about the cause of the double vision so referred me to an ophthalmologist at the hospital. Due to the fact that i have not worn glasses for the majority of my life, i had planned on possibly getting LASIK surgery later on in life. The ophthalmologist said that i had binocular double vision and that i required a prism. After explaining what they were to me he fitted a temporary one over my right lens. I was to go back in 6 weeks for a check up to see if the prism was working correctly and to see about getting a permanent one fitted on my glasses. He also explained that corrective surgery can be carried out but not always.

I would rather have the correction surgery as it hopefully it would still allow me to get LASIK later on, as LASIK doesn't correct double vision.So I was wondering if i could have both procedures done and how far apart they would have to take place?

I am 14 years old right now and would probably have LASIK at around 21-22 (minimum age is 18, recommended age is 21).Is 7-8 years enough time for my eyes to adjust if its possible to have both operations done?
Added (1). Forgot to add that because i require a prism contact lenses are not an option.

См. статью: Can you have double vision corrective surgery and then LASIK later on?