Saturday, March 19, 2016

Looks like I'm failing the amsler grid test. Should I go see my doctor?


Okay, if you look up google for an amsler grid test, the instructions are fairly straightforward- cover one eye, look at the central spot, with the other eye, if any of the lines appear distorted, you have a problem.

I have VERY HIGH myopia and need to use -5.50/ -5.25 spectacles all the time, even for reading the computer screen. I'm 32 years old, and can see everything perfectly fine when I'm wearing my glasses, but still m failing the amsler grid test.

This is the amsler grid m using. Have not printed it out, m using it straight from the laptop's screen. Http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/amsler-grid.htm

This is how it looks with one eye closed: Looks like I m failing the amsler grid test. Should I go see my doctor

Have tried with both my contacts and glasses, the same distortion as depicted in the attached picture is present in both.

What could be causing this problem? Is this serious? Do I need to see my optometrist again? My last visit was just about 20 days back and I was given the "all clear" and got my contact lens prescription renewed.

Read more: Looks like I'm failing the amsler grid test. Should I go see my doctor?