Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Are contacts not available for -0.25 cylindrical power?


My prescription for glasses have a -0.25 CYL component.
I'll go get a contact lens prescription next Sunday, and this will be the first time I'll be using contact lenses.
M looking at contact lenses online (of course can't purchase them yet, got no prescription, just looking at them to find out the one I like and then ask my doc to write me a prescription for that lens, at his discretion).

None of the lenses have a power of -0.25CYL, it's either NO cyl, or a minimum of -0.75 cyl.

So, does this mean I cannot use contact lenses, and must use spectacles all my life or as long as my cyl prescription doesn't reach a minimum value of -0.75?
Added (1). Jesk, thanks for replying, but it looks like there are contacts available with CYL, they start from -0.75 CYL.
How bad is your cyl power? If it's worse than -0.75, i guess you can use contacts. These are called "toric" contacts, google them.
My prob is that my cyl= -0.25, and these "toric" lenses have a minimum of -0.75 cyl component.

Read more: Are contacts not available for -0.25 cylindrical power?