Sunday, March 13, 2016

How to prevent dry eyes while wearing lenses?


My vision in one eye constantly blurs up while wearing a contact lens-blinking a couple of times restores vision for a few seconds. The other eye is fine.

Thought this is being caused by a bad lens fitting and went back to my optometrist for a re-evaluation.
The optometrist diagnosed DRY EYE SYNDROME and prescribed an artificial tear drop called "Refresh Tears", to be used 4 times a day.

This is not working for me. Well it does work, but it makes things good for only about half an hour, then the blurriness returns. It's impractical to keep applying an eye drop every half an hour, i need a fix that works longer.

Is there a permanent fix for this dry eye syndrome thing?

PS: This blurring up only occurs in ONE eye, while WEARING a contact lens. If I'm using my glasses, there's absolutely no problem at all. The other eye is fine even while wearing contact lenses.
Added (1). I've already seen my optometrist and he has checked out my eyes. If this was an infection, he'd have spotted it and asked me to discontinue lenswear, Wouldn't he?

Read more: How to prevent dry eyes while wearing lenses?