Saturday, May 31, 2014

Do I have sensitive corneas?

I wear contacts and I don't ususally take them out at night like I know I should (yes, I know this is Really bad). In the last couple of years, I have noticed that when I take them out to give my eyes a rest I have a small issue when I close my eyelids and move my eyes from side to side. It feels almost like I have some kind of buildup (semi grainy texture) on the inside edge of my eyelids. When i first noticed this, I tried using a q-tip to clean off that area of my eyelids, but it didn't fix anything. Since, I have realized that it's more likely that my corneas a more sensitive than they should be and I'm just feeling the edges of my eyelids. Am I thinking correctly, and if so is there anything I should do (aside from leaving my contacts out for a while) that I could do to help with the problem?

Read more: Do I have sensitive corneas?