Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Can different brands of contact solution irritate your eyes?

I haven't worn contacts in awhile, but nothing has bothered my eyes nearly as much since I got a solution at Target which seemed to be the same as the Opti-Free I normally use, but a more generic and cheaper brand.

I ended up throwing my lenses away after only opening them 10 days ago because my left eye will not stop turning red and getting itchy when I put the left one in. Typically, the only problem I really run into when wearing contacts is that every couple hours or so I need to put some drops in because my eyes get dry, and after about 4 hours I take them out and douse them in solution for a minute before putting them back in. However, since getting this solution at Target the left one in particular has bothered me.

Tonight, my eye started to turn really red as soon as I started putting the lens in, and didn't even have it in yet, but just trying to pop it in, then it was irritated, and since I was out of solution and needed to take it out. I threw them away, because I think the solution may have already ruined them, and I tried to rinse it in water a couple times and put it back in because it was painful, but then I read putting lens in water is bad for the contacts, so I just gave up on them.
Added (1). Also, I wear Biofinity Toric lenses.

Read more: Can different brands of contact solution irritate your eyes?