Friday, January 24, 2014

My contact lens won't stop moving?

For the past five days, my left contact has been sliding around my eye. After putting one in, it'll settle into place for about ten minutes, and then my vision will get progressively more blurry as it starts moving around. I've tried putting drops in my eyes and it hasn't helped. It's happened to several contacts, and even switching batches hasn't fixed it. I did put a contact for my right eye in my left, and though it eventually started sliding it didn't do so for several hours (my eyes are different powers, my left being -5.75 and my right at -6.00 to help correct for a slight astigmatism that's ONLY in my right). They're Acuvue One Day, which I've been using for a few years now. I just had an exam and bought new contacts. The trial ones I received did slide around a bit as well, but leftover contacts from my old batch didn't.

Before anyone suggests it, they are NOT reversed. I've specifically checked before putting them in to make sure that wasn't the problem. I did wear my contacts to sleep for several weeks (replacing them every two days and not wearing them to bed every night before I replaced them) to stretch the remaining contacts out until my appointment, as it would have been hard to get more and I usually change powers in both eyes (I didn't this year, both sides remained in the same place). I go to school in Toronto but live in the States, where my optometrist is. My biggest problem is therefore that the issue didn't start until after I returned to Toronto, and I can't see my optometrist for two more weeks. Anyone got any suggestions? (Or know if Acuvue switched their manufacturing process I guess?)

Oh, and my right contact maybe did this thing once, but it was simply dry and some drops fixed it.

Читать далее: My contact lens won't stop moving?